Saturday, October 8, 2011

Washington State

Last weekend, Timmy and I loaded up the Jeep with dogs, enough clothes to last a few months, and tons of sunflower seeds to head to his parents' house in Lacey, WA. The ten hour drive was gorgeous and lasted all day Saturday, then Timmy headed home to California the following Monday.
Our decision to have me leave earlier than him was a huge debate the past couple weeks.  I felt that it was my job to stay behind to help finish cleaning the house, handle the movers, and take care of him until he finished outprocessing with that squadron.  He debated that it would save us money if I left early, and he wouldn't have to worry about me stressing myself out (which happens regularly).  So he dropped me at the in-laws and told me to have fun.  Which I am.
I miss my husband dearly, but it has been wonderful not to think or worry about a single thing for the past week.  My sister-in-law is a wonderful and hilarious young lady, and keeps me company for the most part.  My father- and mother-in-law take care of me, and my nephew keeps me occupied when everyone else is busy.  Part of me wishes that I could mooch off of them for the rest of my life, but a larger part of me is so excited to start our adventure in Germany.
Timmy kept our laptop to have something to do, but as soon as I get it back, there will be tons of pictures to upload from my time here.  Until then, keep us in your prayers that everything with the military will work out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I respond to every single comment, but only via email. If you don't have an email linked to your account, then I won't be able to respond to you! That doesn't mean I don't read your notes, though. Every single one makes my day better.