Sunday, October 30, 2011

Bookish Weekends

I just noticed a book review of The Hunger Games over on hello dearie, and honestly can't think of a better, regular blog series for me to write.  I am a self acclaimed bookworm, and am really not happy unless I am in the middle of a decent novel.
To stress just how much I have reading: When I was little, I got in trouble pretty often (but what kid doesn't?).  My parents tried to restrict my outside playtime or use of the television, but I was perfectly okay with holing up in my room and falling into the world of fantasy for days at a time.  My parents finally caught on.  They decided to take away my books for one week.  WHAT?! A whole week without reading a single word, discovering a single new adventure, escaping to a single new place?  Needless to say, I was miserable, pitched a fit, and they never tried that punishment again.
I have been well known at all of my school libraries, made fun of for constantly having my nose stuck in novels, and have even been given detention for reading instead of studying (I am still not particularly fond of that seventh grade science teacher).  I love reading anything and everything, and although I prefer fantasy over most other categories, that does not mean I cannot appreciate a good author of any type of literature.  So every Sunday, starting tomorrow, I will start sharing some of my favorite stories and authors. Eventually I would love to have full discussions on not only books that I recommend, but also novels that others are drawn to.
I really can't wait to start.  How did I not think of this sooner?  This is going to be so much fun!

1 comment:

  1. I'm excited about this new series! I am always looking for a good read, and it sounds like we have similar taste :)

    ReplyDelete

I respond to every single comment, but only via email. If you don't have an email linked to your account, then I won't be able to respond to you! That doesn't mean I don't read your notes, though. Every single one makes my day better.