Saturday, August 6, 2011

Blog = Re amped!

I redid the blog!!!!  I think I'm disgustingly excited about this.  Excited, and overly tired as well.  I have spent the better part of six hours (give or take) working on this thing.  That is pathetic for two reasons:

1)  It still doesn't look quite perfect.  One of these days I will pay someone to make me a custom layout.  I was too impatient to wait for the results, so I did it myself, which is why it's a tad off.  But I love it for the moment.  (If anyone has any pointers or some time on their hands and what to help out, I won't complain.)
2)  It took me so long because I have no clue what I'm doing.  I am beyond computer illiterate, and just the few things I had to copy and paste and whatnot gave me a massive headache.  Can someone please tell me, what exactly is HTML?

I'm not complaining too much, though.  It was time well spent in my opinion.  If you're wondering why I spent so much time on such a silly thing, it's because I'm trying to eventually expand the number of readers I have (which is almost nonexistent at this point).  Our new house in Germany will be a continuous four year project of DIY adventures, so why not get help and give pointers to others who are interested in the same thing?!  And the other reason...I'll be having a give away soon!  So make sure you check back often to enter and win something(s) cool.

Let me know if you like the new look or not, or have any advice/changes/etc. that you think I should do.  :)

2 comments:

  1. LOVING the new look! And if you need help tweaking the blog I would be glad to help. I happen to know a thing or two about html and css.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Thanks for your sweet comment over on my blog! Your blog design looks great :) I am just learning a little about css and html coding, but am far from an expert!

    ReplyDelete

I respond to every single comment, but only via email. If you don't have an email linked to your account, then I won't be able to respond to you! That doesn't mean I don't read your notes, though. Every single one makes my day better.