Thursday, May 19, 2011

The Dirty Things in Life

If you know me at all, you know I hate dirt.  I hate bugs, I hate being sweaty, I hate walking barefoot...I actually dislike most of what has to do with outside.  Sounds horrible, I know, but I can't help it.  What I do like about outside mostly has to do with picnic blankets separating me from the grass and ants, or lawn chairs that keep me completely elevated.  I like looking outside, so I often have my windows and curtains open, but I honestly don't like being out there with all the teeny tiny gross bugs.  
So, with this new eye opening information, can anyone tell me WHY I decided that I needed to redo my flower beds?!  Great idea in my head, horrible idea when acted out.  Here is what I had to deal with before I got started:
To be honest it was actually worse than this.  Imagine it covered with rocks and three horrible bushes destroying the picture.  We had to shovel up the rocks and bushes...that random thing there is a weed.



Needless to say, there were lots of bugs, lots of dirt, I was sweaty and tired from shoveling so much, and I now have blisters on my hands.  Me = not happy.  But it really needed it; our house was an eye sore on a street where people actually plant flowers and bushes and take care of them.  I wait and let the weeds grow as much as possible until I get a warning to cut them down...

Four hours later, and here is the final result:

The strip along the sidewalk used to be rock and weeds.  So much better now, aye?!

I finally get to put my flowers on display, and now have somewhere to sit and watch the dogs run in the front yard.  Ignore my half eaten cushions and bench.  My dogs are the reason I can't have nice things.

So, I accomplished one of my to-do items.  I'm so happy with the result, and I think whoever moves in after will appreciate the easy upkeep of their new flower beds.  Yay for me, un-yay for my blistery hands.

1 comment:

  1. Excellent job! It looks great. I love where you put the chairs.

    Mom

    ReplyDelete

I respond to every single comment, but only via email. If you don't have an email linked to your account, then I won't be able to respond to you! That doesn't mean I don't read your notes, though. Every single one makes my day better.